These days we are often encouraged to think BIG, think POSITIVE, speak LIFE! All fantastic, and I do all of them myself. I even have a physical and digital vision board I look at all the time.
We all want to be like King David, Joseph, Boaz etc.
But, how many of us are willing to:
- Face rejection (David was almost an afterthought as Jesse didn't seem to be interested in presenting him to Samuel initially)?
- Fight the lion and the bear?
- Be on the run most of your young adult life?
- Have your wife taken from you and given to another?
- Do the right thing even if it may cost you your life?
- Be misunderstood?
- Get betrayed by your brothers?
- Get sold as a slave?
- Learn how to manage a household / business from the ground up (or in our modern context, parenting and dealing with business / staffing issues)?
- Be wrongly accused?
- Learn how to manage the worst of society?
- Be generous with your wealth?
- Be kind and take care of others?
The list is pretty long.
Because often, the path to becoming a Boaz, Joseph or David, can be pretty long and arduous. It is also very tempting, and probably easier, to give up and just coast.
What is your choice?